The production and presentation of free, online technical seminars and meetings are essential functions for NARI as a virtual institute. Most of these events are held physically in the NASA Aeronauticsconference room, but are also streamed live and archived for anyone to participate in and view. The seminars are intended to provide information to NASA and beyond about the innovative research and technology that is being conducted on behalf of NASA Aeronautics, as well as research by NASA and the aeronautics community in general. All one needs to join is a computer or smart phone with an Internet connection.
NASA Leading Edge Aeronautics Research for NASA (LEARN) Seminars feature the work of the LEARN fund recipients. The objectives of these seminars were to increase awareness of LEARN activities within NASA projects, to provide technical feedback to LEARN principal investigators from NASA Program/Project Technical Representatives, and educate/inform the public. This helps facilitate transfer of LEARN-developed technologies within NASA and disseminate LEARN findings to the external aeronautics community, including academia, industry, and the general public.
- 2017 LEARN Technical Seminar (6 Presentations)
- 2016 LEARN Phase II Summer Technical Seminar (2 presentations)
- 2016 LEARN Technical Seminar (5 presentations)
- 2015 LEARN Technical Seminar (5 presentations)
- 2013 Leading Edge Aeronautics Research for NASA (LEARN) Technical Seminar (21 presentations)
Annually, NASA Aeronautics awarded a number of Seedling grants to make deliberate investments in innovative, early-stage, and potentially revolutionary aviation concepts and technologies that are aligned with NASA's mission. These grants go to civil servant-led teams at NASA aeronautics centers. These seminars are an opportunity for the NASA aeronautics community at large to view the results of this research and how it might complement and benefit projects across the agency. The general public is also invited to attend the live events and/or view the archive.
- 2015 Fall Seedling Technical Seminar (10 presentations)
- 2015 Spring Seedling Technical Seminar (9 presentations)
- 2014 Seedling Technical Seminar (39 presentations)
- 2013 Seedling Technical Seminar (17 presentations)
- 2012 Seedling Technical Seminar (18 presentations)
Joint LEARN/Seedling Seminars
2015 LEARN/Seedling Technical Seminar (12 presentations)