DIGITAL INFORMATION PLATFORM
The overall goal of NASA’s Digital Information Platform (DIP) as part of the Air Traffic Management (ATM-X) project is to accelerate transformation of the National Airspace System (NAS) and airspace operations through the development of a foundation for advanced, data-driven, digital services for both traditional and emergent operations towards cohesive decision making.
The DIP sub-project is focused on designing, developing, and demonstrating a digital data ecosystem to enable improved air traffic decision making. More specifically, the primary focus of DIP is to establish an easily accessible cloud-based Digital Information Platform utilized by a community of data and service providers and operators to gather and access real-time and historical data upon which data-driven services for NAS users are developed and operated. The DIP sub-project will look to promote viable business relationships that facilitate one-to-many shared services model rather than traditional one-to-one services model.
The primary objectives of the DIP sub-project are:
- Create stakeholder-informed requirements for a digital information platform to easily access aviation related data to improve the deployment and access of services
- Develop a reference implementation of DIP to validate stakeholder-informed requirements
- Evaluate a variety of industry-developed services to identify data needs for the DIP architecture
- Coordinate demonstration with stakeholders of reference technologies, new service(s) and DIP framework
- Document best practices for sharing data and data handling among stakeholders in the DIP community
Notional DIP Ecosystem (Note: This notional system is expected to evolve based on the responses to this RFI and follow-up discussions regarding potential contributions by both NASA and participating parties.)
DIP Information Registration
Click here if you would like to learn more about DIP through upcoming information sessions, additional collaboration opportunities, as well as be included in our email list.
Next RFI Session Coming SoonCheck back
Please send inquiries to ARC-DIP-EXT@mail.nasa.gov